“Beloved be the one who resides in the cinematic shrine.
Beloved be the one who has a pen and can write.”
Writing for High on Films takes more than just writing skills, it takes passion. We don’t want you to write for money but for passion, and we will take care of the money situation more than what you expect from a publication. We are building an ‘army of spiritual warriors,’ and we want you to be a part of this movement. If you are someone who honestly loves cinema for its existence, we want you to join us in our sacred mission of spreading cinematic enlightenment. We want you to write for us.
There are certain customary details you should know before you join High on Films:
- We will accept any piece of cinematic writing; it can be a review, an essay, a column/think piece, a film list, a character/film analogy, or anything even remotely associated with movies. If it’s written with passion and written well in the eyes of our editorial team, it’s going to go live.
- Your piece’s length should, at least, be 900 words for a review. In the case of other categories, the length will be discussed in an email exchange.
- We are looking for Original Content not published anywhere else on the internet.
- Let us know if you want to contribute regularly, we will provide you with an author profile on High on Films.
- We hold the right to edit your work if needed or delete it in the future if such a situation arises. Don’t worry, we wouldn’t ruin the soul of your writing.
- Plagiarism is a sin, and there is no place for sinners in our shrine.
- We encourage other writers to challenge existing content and especially lists. If someone believes they can make a better article about something, and they are right in their claim, we let them rewrite an article and take authorship of a topic. So, always put your best foot forward.
- Along with your content, send us your Author Bio, a little introduction about you in no more than 50 words.
- If there are external links to your article, we hold the right to remove them after two years of publication if there is any monetary transaction involved.
- If there are external links that we allowed as goodwill, we hold the right to remove them as and when required.
What we are going to provide you:
- A Backlink to your blog/website or your social media presence in your author bio. A backlink from our website is going to bring quality traffic to your own website.
- Readers from across the globe. Collectively, through our website and Social Media Platforms, your words will reach more than a million people every week.
- Access to films from some of the most prestigious film festivals in the world, like the Berlinale, Cannes, Toronto Film Festival, and Venice Film Festival, among countless other festivals.
- Merchandises: We have T-shirts, Tote bags, Mugs, and all those cliched but cool merchandises, that we might send your way once in a while.
- Money: You will be paid for every piece of assigned content that goes live. Unless something is not written well and we are still publishing it to give you a moral boost. Apart from that, we also release a quarterly dividend. Whatever revenue you generate for us, you will receive a percentage of it in the form of a royalty. Think of your content as a classic book, and always be wary of how you can improve something you wrote for us. Take some ownership.